Andrew Crawford, Jr. entered the independent insurance agency business with the purchase of the Dean T. Ford agency in 1943. The agency operated under that name until 1952 when the name was officially changed to Crawford Agency, Inc. The office moved to our present location of 55 South Forest Street, Geneva, Ohio in 1958, with an addition built in 1978 to accommodate our growing needs.
Andrew’s son Terry joined the agency full time in 1964 and son James came on board in 1969. Andrew served as President until 1969 when son Terry took over the Presidency and served until 1989 when he moved to Florida. Jim presently serves as President since he assumed the role in 1989. Elizabeth Deering joined the agency in 1967 and currently serves as a Personal Lines Agent and Secretary of the corporation. Jim’s step-son Michael joined the staff in 1990. Mike serves as Personal/Commercial Agent and Vice President of the corporation.